GoECart recently announced that several features of our unified commerce suite are an ideal fit for the Food and Beverage industry. The features enable merchants in this highly lucrative retail category to capitalize on the growing trend that fuses online and offline commerce.
According to a recent report from Business Insider, the $600 billion dollar a year Food and Beverage industry is the largest retail category in the U.S. by a wide margin, and another study from research portal Statista shows growth of Food and Beverage online commerce sales alone more than doubling from $5.3 billion in 2012 to a projected $10.9 billion in 2018.
Since implementing GoECart, Texas-based food and beverage retailer Goode Company has seen their ecommerce conversion rates skyrocket. Revenues are up 12.5 percent over last year, and the company’s average Order Value (AOV) has climbed 11 percent.
Rudy Fernandez, CFO of Goode Company, said, “GoECart has quickly become our trusted ecommerce advisor. They deliver on-time, within budget and with incredible passion and leadership. It’s rare to find such a combination of technology talent and business acumen.”
Just some of the GoECart Unified Commerce Suite’s features relevant to Food and Beverage industry include:
• Mobile Optimized Ecommerce – Our mCommerce user experience is designed to help ensure conversations from mobile devices, which now make up half of all online purchases!
• Flexible Kit, Bundle, and Gift Basket Options – Merchants can choose to assemble multiple products into kits/bundles/baskets and offer them as unique entities for sale as a part of a package or individually (e.g., wine and cheese could be paired as part of a single gift basket or sold as separate items on the site).
• Bulk Order Upload – Merchants can upload a single spreadsheet of orders with hundreds of line items and addresses in record time.
• Multi-Destination Ordering – This involves placement of large orders to multiple locations on specific delivery dates—a boon for a customer wanting to send the same box of chocolates as a gift to several friends or for a company wanting to order supplies for all its franchise locations with a single payment transaction.
• Perishable Goods Support –GoECart provides the flexibility to account for items that can only stay in transit for X number of days. Optimal shipping options are suggested by examining the date and time of delivery and stock across multiple warehouses.
• Branded Delivery Email Confirmation – Confirmation emails can be customized with the merchants brand and sent from the merchant rather than the shipping carrier. Customers can see exactly when their package was delivered, who signed for it, and where it was left.
• Personalized & Automated Abandoned Cart Reminder Emails – Email formats can be customized and triggers set to send reminders minutes, hours, or days after abandonment occurs. Incentives can be included in email to entice customers back to the site.
• Intelligent Calendar Picker for Delivery – A pre-populated calendar shows what dates are available and computes cut off time and delivery date so that the order reaches the customer when expected.
• Address Verification with Auto-Correction – Residential and commercial shipping addresses are auto-verified by the system.
• Enhanced Gifting–Shoppers can opt to send an order as a gift and include a gift note and even gift wrap with their purchase. Stock sample messages for many occasions make it easy for customers to add a meaningful gift message.
• Streamlined Back-Office Fulfillment – The suite provides outstanding filtering and sorting capabilities to aid fulfillment, critical for reducing overhead and optimizing time to meet next day and same day shipping cut-offs.
GoECart’s CEO, Manish Chowdhary said, “The Food and Beverage category has unique needs and merchants now can deliver a truly differentiated customer shopping experience rather than trying to fit into existing packaged software.”
Some of the other top industries that GoECart supports include Apparel and Accessories, Business to Business (B2B), Flowers and Gifts, Furniture, Housewares and Home Furnishings, Mass Merchant, Office Supplies, and Sporting Goods.